Carol’s Bread Stuffing
It’s good with a lot of nice stale bread to cut in cubes and sage – which is the distinctive spice.
- Cube old bread. Toast is lightly in butter in your wok
- Lightly fry minced onion and celery
- Mix all together in a large bowl with plenty of salt and pepper and sage and fresh minced parsley
- Pour in a tasty chicken or turkey broth – so that it is moist. Or just stuff it dry into the belly of your turkey or chicken.
- Then bake, covered for probably 30 min.
Mommom & Poppop’s Bread Stuffing
3 Tbs chopped onion
Cook onion in butter. combine with bread and seasoning. Toss with enough liquid]to moisten. Makes 3 cups enough for 4-5 lb chicken Double for 10 lb. turkey.
I add celery with onion and mushrooms. I put stuffing in a greased casserole bake 350o about 45 minutes.